Talking about Professional Skills 有關專業技能
- I can type fifty words per minute and I can take shorthand （速記） at seventy words per minute.
- I have a good knowledge of bookkeeping.
- I have working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- I’m experienced in operating a Mac.
- I know how to use Photoshop and AutoCAD.
- I have received an advanced Computer Operation Qualification Certificate.
- I have an intermediate certificate in Business Putonghua.
- Besides Cantonese, I can speak English and Putonghua. I’m also proficient in Japanese and Korean.
Talking about Strengths and Weaknesses 有關強項與弱點
- One of my strong points is that I like developing new things and ideas.
- I’ve concluded several important deals for my company and signed new business contracts.
- The sales which I’m responsible for have increased by 15% during the last four years.
- I have succeeded in reducing the cost by an average of 10% after negotiations.
- Since I became the Production Manager of the company, I have managed to reduce the cost by 30%.
- I have finished three new projects, and I’m sure I can apply my experience to this position.
- I was awarded the Top Salesperson of the Company in 2014.
A: What are your strong points?
B: Well, I’m very good with people. I’m honest. I work hard. I also work well under pressure. And I’m patient.
A: What kind of people do you like to work with?
B: I like people who work hard. I don’t like people who are laid-back（悠閒的、不著急的）.
A: What’s your greatest strength?
B: Well, this is a challenging question. I suppose I would say that I’m a quick learner.
A: So you’re smart.
B: Let’s put it this way （讓我這樣說吧）, I think I’m good at what I do.
A: What are your weaknesses?
B: I’m not good at speaking in public. I feel uncomfortable/ nervous when I speak in public. （在回答有關自己弱點的問題時，可誠實回答，但應選擇一項與應徵職位的職責範圍無關的。）
A: That’s not a problem. It’s not really required for this position.
A: What are your strong points?
B: I can work well under stress and I enjoy challenging tasks. I think my Putonghua ability is also a strong point.
A: I see…and your weaknesses?
B: I think I sometimes try to be over-organized. So I’m learning how to let things go and concentrate on the most important parts of my job （不少求職者喜愛這招，把自己的弱點包裝成優點似的。）.
A: What are you most satisfied with at work?
B: Hmmm…well, let me see. I think I feel most satisfied when I know my boss trusts me to complete the important tasks.
A: Do you prefer working by yourself or with others?
B: Both. If I have a task that needs total concentration, like working with financial figures, I need to be alone and be quiet. But other projects are best done with group support and I enjoy working with a team in these situations.
Talking about Goals and Objectives 有關目標
- I intend to be a leading expert in the industry.
- I wish to move up to a position with a higher salary and more opportunities.
- My career goal is to work at a renowned firm and take on （接受、承擔）more challenging assignments.
- I hope I can bring what I’ve learned into full play（竭盡所能）here, and be an excellent travel agent.
- My ambition（志向、野心） is to become the best property agent in Hong Kong.
- My goal is to start up my own company.
A: What do you expect to be doing in five years from now? What are your career goals?
B: I would like to be in a managerial role, ideally working closely with external clients. I have worked in client facing roles for more than 2 years and I enjoy the challenge of keeping customers satisfied. I think it’s something I’m good at.
I would also like to take on additional responsibilities within this area, and possible areas such as….. Finally, I’d like to be on the right career path towards eventually becoming a Senior Manager within the company. I'm very aware that these are ambitious（雄心勃勃的） goals, however, I feel that through hard work and dedication（奉獻）, they’re quite achievable（能達到的）.
MA in English Language Teaching (Distinction), BSc (First-class honours), TEFL Dip.
現 代教育IELTS/ TOEFL /Workplace English資深英語名師，著名TOEFL參考書作者及星島日報IELTS攻略專欄作者。曾任劍橋商業英語考試BULATS寫作及口試考官，並於國際英 語學院Wall Street English任教多年並擔任其多間分校之校長，具15年教學經驗，並擁有豐富管理與發展商業英語及國際英語考試課程之經驗。